Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Presentations karma

Back in 2005, I chose Chemistry for a few reasons. 

1) Between Science and Accountancy, I was more interested in Science.
2) Between Science and Accountancy, Science has got less presentations to do. I had a cousin in Accountancy, so I roughly knew all the horror stories.
3) I liked the NUS environment way more than the NTU environment.
4) In Science, I can't do Physics, Life Sciences, Computing, so it was up to Maths or Chemistry. Chemistry was more interesting lah even though my A level maths were way better than Chemistry. 

All the presentations that I managed to skip during uni times are coming back to haunt me. In the span of 3 yrs in NUS, I officially did.. 2 presentations. I think. One for GEK1537 (I think it's obsolete now) and one for Biomolecules. And one viva for CM3292. Two French plays. Not counting all the oral exams for French and in Switzerland, of course.

In the span of one year here, I've conducted 3 briefings (with different slides each time) and hosted one forum. That's nearly equivalent to what I did for the 3 years!!

Strangely, I'm starting to get used to it. At least I don't see my hands trembling like mad as before! (or maybe I've been sitting down the past 2 times conducting the briefing hence it was not obvious).

I guess it's a good thing and I'm glad I'm slowly overcoming this very lousy part of me in work!

No comments: