Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2021

1 month since the last day at MOE

And I am sleeping 7 hrs every day (most of the days anyway) which is a huge improvement from 2 months ago (roughly 5-6 on average I think), I feel much more energetic (like I get up at 7.45am for my 8.30am work time instead of waking up at 8.20am for 8am work time), I struggle with my inner self NOT to run back to my laptop after dinner or on weekends, instead, to take my time to absorb what the team is doing.

The bit about running back to the computer is the really relieving part, along with the disappearance of "I need to spend time to work later, can only have lunch outside and come back to work" thoughts. Those were super bad, because whenever we spent a longer time outside I would be thinking of the work lying at home, and even if I were outside I couldn't enjoy myself at all. 

And I have time to spend with the man again! (so much so that he's complaining about being very tired, cuz no more time to nap during weekend hahahahahahah)

But it is nice to finally get time to do what I want... exercise (wah lau the weight gain), bake, etc.... Paid an exorbitant amount of money to get the man a bike and yay... weekly cycling now (though the me-time for cycling is now traded off, lol).





Work wise it is very exciting and I only hope to contribute much faster, sooner, once I get the hang of stuff. Policy making at the national level is daunting!

P.S. Not so many questions on remaining work since I left MOE. I really worried for nothing, and perhaps I really should have left earlier.

No comments: